Dunmow Triathlon Club win relay title in North Wales
DUNMOW Triathlon Club’s Gerard Smith, Andy Chambers and Doug Slater won the British Middle Distance Triathlon Relay Championship at Lake Bala, North Wales, on Sunday June 13.
The team set a stunning time of 4hr 33min beating their nearest competitors by more than 30 minutes.
Dunmow Tri Club had a total of 14 members racing over 1900m open water swim in Lake Bala, a 90km bike ride in Snowdonia and finishing off with an undulating half marathon.
Club chairman Phil Elms and Keith Taylor completed the event as individuals both breaking the six-hour barrier.
Two ladies teams entered the relay race both finishing well, the second Dunmow team to finish were Wendy O’Brien, Emma Elms and Catherine Marlow in 6hr 25min followed by Emma Szlachta, Anna Nolan and Ruth Pain who finished in 6hr 40min.
You may also want to watch:
l ROB Newman took part in one of the largest triathlon races in the UK at Windsor.
He completed the 1500m swim in the River Thames, cycled 40km and then ran 10km through the streets of Windsor in a time of 2hr 52min finishing 66th in his age group and 1063rd overall.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal