Dunmow teen helps Newham Youngbloods to England Basketball National League Final Fours
- Credit: Archant
A Helena Romanes School pupil claimed a runners-up medal at the U16 England Basketball National League Final Fours at the weekend.
Oscar Turner plays for Newham Youngbloods who won the South Premier Division and then fought their way against teams from all over the country to reach the Final Fours tournament in Sheffield.
There, they beat home side Sheffield Junior Saints 87-75 in the semi-final to set up a final with Manchester Magic.
The Newham side were three points ahead with three minutes to go in the final.
However, a late surge from a strong Magic team saw them take the winners’ medal with a 77-68 triumph.
You may also want to watch:
It was the fifth year running Manchester had won the title.
The third-fourth place play-off saw Cheshire Wire beaten 91-86 by Sheffield Junior Saints.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 7 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best