Swimming: Dunmow Atlantis duo earn Jack Petchey awards
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis swimmers Rebecca Johnston and Samuel Dack received Jack Petchey awards recently.
The duo were selected for the prizes from the scheme, which was established to support projects across Essex and London by recognising valuable contributions made by youngsters to society.
The brainchild of Sir Jack Petchey CBE and running for almost two decades, the prizes were presented by head coach Darren Tucker.
He said: “Rebecca has continued to improve in technique and confidence, listening to her coaches and showing great maturity to reach her goals.
“Sam has committed much of his time to swimming over the years. Hhe is a true role model, always bringing a smile to training and encouraging others.
You may also want to watch:
“Both swimmers have represented the club at Essex and Arena League events, where the team has shown a year on year improvement.”
See dunmowatlantis.co.uk for more details on the club.
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 10 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary