Dunmow suffer against league leaders
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow were unable to build on the momentum of their excellent victory over Exning last week, with a poor display against top of the table Copford on Saturday.
Skipper Paul Reid backed his batsmen to repeat their efforts of the previous week, but they could not have got off to a worse start when Luke Swanston was bowled first ball of the match.
Other top order batsmen Ollie Rooney, Josh Rix, Josh Down and Pierson-McGeorge also all failed to leave Dunmow absolutely reeling at 21-6 in the 17th over.
Bowlers Measor (4-16) and Rawson (2-10) doing the damage.
Reid (34) and Sedman (25) rebuilt to a certain extent, making 41 for the seventh wicket and some additional hitting from Matt Gibson (23) helped to add 55 for the 8th wicket, leaving Dunmow 127-9 after 45 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Early wickets were needed to have any chance but they did not come as Copford openers Catley (32) and Sinclair (58 not out) put the bowlers to the sword Down (5-0-31-0) and Sewell (4-0-29-0).
Only Gibson (8-1-36-1) was able to claim a breakthrough having Catley caught at the wicket but J Bell added the coup de grace with a rapid 32 not out to see Copford over the line in the 22nd over.
- 1 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 2 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 6 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 7 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 8 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
On Saturday Dunmow host struggling Lakenheath.