Dunmow suffer against league leaders
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow were unable to build on the momentum of their excellent victory over Exning last week, with a poor display against top of the table Copford on Saturday.
Skipper Paul Reid backed his batsmen to repeat their efforts of the previous week, but they could not have got off to a worse start when Luke Swanston was bowled first ball of the match.
Other top order batsmen Ollie Rooney, Josh Rix, Josh Down and Pierson-McGeorge also all failed to leave Dunmow absolutely reeling at 21-6 in the 17th over.
Bowlers Measor (4-16) and Rawson (2-10) doing the damage.
Reid (34) and Sedman (25) rebuilt to a certain extent, making 41 for the seventh wicket and some additional hitting from Matt Gibson (23) helped to add 55 for the 8th wicket, leaving Dunmow 127-9 after 45 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Early wickets were needed to have any chance but they did not come as Copford openers Catley (32) and Sinclair (58 not out) put the bowlers to the sword Down (5-0-31-0) and Sewell (4-0-29-0).
Only Gibson (8-1-36-1) was able to claim a breakthrough having Catley caught at the wicket but J Bell added the coup de grace with a rapid 32 not out to see Copford over the line in the 22nd over.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
On Saturday Dunmow host struggling Lakenheath.