Dunmow sports clubs are set to merge
- Credit: Archant
A merger between two Dunmow sports clubs in order to make them more competitive is to take place.
Dunmow Crests Netball Club and OTS Netball Club will join forces in a move that will increase the size of the Dunmow membership and give greater depth to both organisations.
The merger will officially take effect from the beginning of the summer league campaign in May.
Crests captain Claire Smith, who founded the club in 2012, said: “We are delighted with the agreement with OTS.
“It will mean more opportunity to play competitive matches for all members, and both clubs will benefit from a larger squad from which to draw their teams.”
You may also want to watch:
OTS club captain Diane Mascall added: “This is a great opportunity for our club to play with a much larger squad, and to benefit from regular weekly training sessions as well.
“We look forward to continuing to play in both the Harlow and Stansted Leagues, with the benefit of a greater pool of players from which to draw from.”
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 3 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 4 One arrest after harassment complaints in Halstead
- 5 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 6 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 7 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 8 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 9 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 10 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
The enlarged squad will all play under the Dunmow Crests Netball Club banner, with four teams continuing to play in the Chelmsford and District League.
OTS, who have already started training with the Crests squad, will remain in the Harlow Winter League and Stansted Summer League, under the Crests name.
The move will mean that all members will now have the chance to play more competitive matches in both the Chelmsford and Harlow Leagues.
Both clubs will continue to benefit from the ongoing relationship with Chris Muir and Out There Sports in Dunmow, the preferred supplier of kit and equipment to Dunmow Crests Netball Club.
Anyone who is interested in joining the new enlarged Dunmow Crests Netball Squad should contact Claire Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.