Dunmow’s Katie is taking Stock after superb 2018 season
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow youngster Katie Stock is doing her bit for sporting equality – on the dirt bike racing scene!
The Helena Romanes School pupil likes being on stage, having appeared in a Dick Whittington pantomime.
But she ‘absolutely loves’ motocross and races with other youngsters at the Kensworth Schoolboy Motocross Club (KSMXC) most weekends.
And Stock appears to have plenty of talent on two wheels, having raced her KTM 85 to a ninth-place finish in the KSMXC Championships last season, while also collecting the prize as top female point scorer.
Not only that, Stock also competed in the UK Girls’ Championships this year, defying an eight-hour journey to Duns, in Scotland, in April’s opening round to claim six third-place finishes in testing wet conditions.
You may also want to watch:
The second round took place in Brookthorpe, Gloucester in October, where she recorded five fifth-place finishes, which ensured she made it onto the podium after finishing third overall in the 10-race series.
Stock received her trophy at the National Dirt Bike Show at Stonleigh Park in November and is now looking forward to more action in 2019.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 3 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
“We are very proud of her achievements in a male-dominant sport,” said mum Kara. “Her growth and achievements have been recognised with invite to join the HoleShot2Win team, with healthy sponsorship and discounts.
“We would like to thank them and we are looking forward to 2019.”