Karate: Dunmow’s Slocombe strikes gold for England
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Kyokushinkai Karate Club’s Chloe Slocombe won gold for England at the Severn Challenge Cup of Europe in Wales at the weekend.
The 12-year-old fought in the girls’ under-155cm group and won all of her fights in fine fashion, against students from other countries.
Slocombe also took part in the high grade individual kata tournament for brown and black belts and claimed a bronze after narrowly losing to two Welsh rivals.
The Forest Hall School pupil trains under Shihan Andrew Turner and was a sixth dan at the age of eight and has competed for England across Europe.
Dunmow Kyokushinkai start a beginner’s course on September 25, with the first month of training free.
You may also want to watch:
Training is on Tuesday at Dunmow Leisure Centre for juniors aged six to 15 from 6-7pm and at the Dance Studio for seniors from 8-9.30pm. Thuesday training is at Foakes Hall, from 6.30-7.30pm and 8-9.30pm.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome