Karate: Dunmow’s Chloe Slocombe to represent England
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Kyokushinkai Karate Club’s Chloe Slocombe has been selected to represent England at a national tournament this weekend.
Forest Hall School pupil Slocombe, 12, will take part in the Severn Challenge Cup of Europe in Pontypridd, Wales as England do battle with the host nation, as well as Belgium, Switzerland and Turkey.
Slocombe, who has fought for England at tournaments in Europe in the past, will fight in the junior (up to 16) category and individual kata.
Dunmow’s chief instructor Shihan Andrew Turner said: “I’m very proud of Chloe who has worked very hard to be selected to repressnt her country at this tournament.”
Dunmow Kyokushinkai Karate Club will start a new beginner’s course on Tuesday September 27, with the first month of training free.
You may also want to watch:
Training is every Tuesday (6-7pm for juniors and 8-9.30pm for seniors) and Thursday (6.30-7.30pm juniors, 7.30-9.30pm seniors).
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 3 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 4 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 5 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 6 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 7 Four birthday cakes as Florence celebrates her 105th birthday
- 8 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision