Karate: Dunmow’s Chloe Slocombe to represent England
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Kyokushinkai Karate Club’s Chloe Slocombe has been selected to represent England at a national tournament this weekend.
Forest Hall School pupil Slocombe, 12, will take part in the Severn Challenge Cup of Europe in Pontypridd, Wales as England do battle with the host nation, as well as Belgium, Switzerland and Turkey.
Slocombe, who has fought for England at tournaments in Europe in the past, will fight in the junior (up to 16) category and individual kata.
Dunmow’s chief instructor Shihan Andrew Turner said: “I’m very proud of Chloe who has worked very hard to be selected to repressnt her country at this tournament.”
Dunmow Kyokushinkai Karate Club will start a new beginner’s course on Tuesday September 27, with the first month of training free.
You may also want to watch:
Training is every Tuesday (6-7pm for juniors and 8-9.30pm for seniors) and Thursday (6.30-7.30pm juniors, 7.30-9.30pm seniors).
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge