Karate: Dunmow’s Chloe Slocombe to represent England
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Kyokushinkai Karate Club’s Chloe Slocombe has been selected to represent England at a national tournament this weekend.
Forest Hall School pupil Slocombe, 12, will take part in the Severn Challenge Cup of Europe in Pontypridd, Wales as England do battle with the host nation, as well as Belgium, Switzerland and Turkey.
Slocombe, who has fought for England at tournaments in Europe in the past, will fight in the junior (up to 16) category and individual kata.
Dunmow’s chief instructor Shihan Andrew Turner said: “I’m very proud of Chloe who has worked very hard to be selected to repressnt her country at this tournament.”
Dunmow Kyokushinkai Karate Club will start a new beginner’s course on Tuesday September 27, with the first month of training free.
You may also want to watch:
Training is every Tuesday (6-7pm for juniors and 8-9.30pm for seniors) and Thursday (6.30-7.30pm juniors, 7.30-9.30pm seniors).
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 3 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 4 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 5 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 6 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 7 Award for off-duty police officer who saved a man's life
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 10 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler