Dunmow’s Earl brings home county golf title
- Credit: Archant
Teenage Dunmow golfer Rebecca Earl has claimed the Hertfordshire Girls’ County Championship title.
The 15-year-old, a member of the Girls’ England U16 team and Felsted School pupil, swept aside the competition at the Old Fold Manor Golf Club to win by five shots.
Rebecca also represented Felsted and Essex in the South East Regional Schools Golf Championship at the John O’Gaunt Golf Club, finishing third.
On a cold and wet morning Rebecca shot five over par scoring 79, the second best girls score.
In the afternoon she fired 81 which confirmed her third place overall securing a spot in the National Schools Golf Finals at Peterborough Milton GC on June 22.
You may also want to watch:
Rebecca is a sports scholar at Felsted School and receives a tailored sporting programme to help her reach her potential.
Rebecca’s mother Julia said: “We are incredibly proud of her achievements last week, and her dedication to her sport and academic work. Also thanks to Felsted for giving her the opportunity to be able to train weekly.”
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 3 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 4 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 5 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 6 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 7 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 10 Is the staycation boom here to stay? Tell us what you think in our tourism survey