Dunmow’s Alex Lynn moves to Formula E with DS Virgin Racing
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow racing driver Alex Lynn has departed GP2 and has joined the FIA Formula E championship’s DS Virgin Racing.
After two years of competing in GP2, a step below F1, the 23-year-old signed a multi-year deal with DS Virgin Racing as their reserve driver.
Formula E is an electric car street racing series which was introduced in 2014.
Following this week’s announcement, Lynn, who has won Formula Renault UK and GP3 titles in the past, said: “DS Virgin Racing is the coolest team in the Formula E championship.
“They are passionate about racing and go all out to win.
You may also want to watch:
“Their marketing is second to none and the DSVO2 car itself just looks great.
“As a driver, these elements really matter.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 7 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
“It helps that their cars win races pretty consistently too.”
Lynn’s role in the team will involve car development and testing and helping main drivers Sam Bird and José María López prepare for races.
Speaking of the position, he added: “I like the combination of street racing along with the challenge of energy management.
“I think this series is going to suit me down to the ground.
“I look forward to working with Sam and Jose in testing and development of the cars and at the DS Performance simulator in Satory.”
The next, and third, round of the Formula E Series is in Buenos Aires, Argentina starting on February 18.