Dunmow runners take on Essex Championship 20 mile road race and MK half marathon
- Credit: Archant
A cold breeze refreshed the 400 runners, including some from Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners, taking part in the Essex Championship 20 mile road race on Sunday.
For many of the athletes the event formed part of their preparations for the upcoming London and Halstead marathons.
The race involved three laps along the lanes around Langham, near Colchester.
The race was won by Paul Whitaker of Southend Athletic Club in 1 hour 47 minutes 3 seconds.
Paul McKenna was fastest for GFDR finishing in a personal best time of 2:18:48, followed by Steve Read in 2:25:19.
You may also want to watch:
Claudine Davie and Ian Lawson ran together, both finishing in 2: 35:29. Martin Jackson in 2:39:29 was followed by Gillian Robertson 2:46:04 and Simon King 2:49:35.
Alistair Brown and James Bosher from GFDR competed on Sunday in the MK half marathon with 1,550 other runners.
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 7 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
- 10 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
Brown was sixth overall and the fastest vet in 1:16:27 in a new club record and Bosher) was 10th in a new PB of 1:17:57.
Sean Henderson also competed for the club in the 20 mile race with a PB time of 2:33:49.