Dunmow runners take on Essex Championship 20 mile road race and MK half marathon
- Credit: Archant
A cold breeze refreshed the 400 runners, including some from Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners, taking part in the Essex Championship 20 mile road race on Sunday.
For many of the athletes the event formed part of their preparations for the upcoming London and Halstead marathons.
The race involved three laps along the lanes around Langham, near Colchester.
The race was won by Paul Whitaker of Southend Athletic Club in 1 hour 47 minutes 3 seconds.
Paul McKenna was fastest for GFDR finishing in a personal best time of 2:18:48, followed by Steve Read in 2:25:19.
You may also want to watch:
Claudine Davie and Ian Lawson ran together, both finishing in 2: 35:29. Martin Jackson in 2:39:29 was followed by Gillian Robertson 2:46:04 and Simon King 2:49:35.
Alistair Brown and James Bosher from GFDR competed on Sunday in the MK half marathon with 1,550 other runners.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 5 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
Brown was sixth overall and the fastest vet in 1:16:27 in a new club record and Bosher) was 10th in a new PB of 1:17:57.
Sean Henderson also competed for the club in the 20 mile race with a PB time of 2:33:49.