Dunmow runners take on Essex Championship 20 mile road race and MK half marathon
- Credit: Archant
A cold breeze refreshed the 400 runners, including some from Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners, taking part in the Essex Championship 20 mile road race on Sunday.
For many of the athletes the event formed part of their preparations for the upcoming London and Halstead marathons.
The race involved three laps along the lanes around Langham, near Colchester.
The race was won by Paul Whitaker of Southend Athletic Club in 1 hour 47 minutes 3 seconds.
Paul McKenna was fastest for GFDR finishing in a personal best time of 2:18:48, followed by Steve Read in 2:25:19.
You may also want to watch:
Claudine Davie and Ian Lawson ran together, both finishing in 2: 35:29. Martin Jackson in 2:39:29 was followed by Gillian Robertson 2:46:04 and Simon King 2:49:35.
Alistair Brown and James Bosher from GFDR competed on Sunday in the MK half marathon with 1,550 other runners.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 3 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 4 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 5 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 6 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Stansted author to release second novel
- 9 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision
Brown was sixth overall and the fastest vet in 1:16:27 in a new club record and Bosher) was 10th in a new PB of 1:17:57.
Sean Henderson also competed for the club in the 20 mile race with a PB time of 2:33:49.