Dunmow runners excel at Halstead Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Ashwin Shah was fastest for Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners (GFDR) while Pru Hayhow picked up a medal in the 20th Halstead and Essex Marathon, on Sunday.
More than 500 runners, including nine from GFDR, took part in the Essex championship race, organised by Halstead Road Runners.
Shah completed the undulating course in 3hrs 32mins 55secs. He was followed by Paul McKenna in 3hrs 38mins 48secs and Ian Lawson in 3hrs 39mins 11secs.
Hayhow, the fastest GFDR’s lady in 3hrs 42mins 46secs, won an Essex championship medal.
Jo Bisset-Smith finished in 3hrs 52mins, just ahead of Hayley Smith (3hrs 54mins 35secs) and Jason Wintin (3hrs 55mins 30secs). John Smith finished in 4hrs 1min 22secs and Lee Prowse in 4hrs 6mins 54secs.
You may also want to watch:
The race was won by Mark Newton of Springfield Striders in 2hrs 43mins 13secs.
GFDR will be holding a 7.5 mile trail race from Great Dunmow on June 8, and a 5 mile road race from Great Easton on June 15 – details on the club’s website.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down