Dunmow Rovers denied as rivals earn late draw
- Credit: Gavin Ellis
Dunmow Rovers under-13 girls had to settle for a 2-2 draw at Writtle Minors on a hot Sunday afternoon.
They began brightly and took the lead inside 10 minutes as Maisie Dowsett ran onto Caris Thompson's through ball to score.
But they hit the woodwork five times in the match, with Tilly Belcher unlucky on four occasions, as Dowsett doubled the lead with a left-footed strike.
Writtle hit back and, in the final minute, grabbed an equaliser as Dunmow finished runners-up for a second successive season.
*AFC Barnston clinched the Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Division One title with double-header success against Witham United.
They took six points after 3-0 and 3-2 wins, with Rick Leftly and Ryan McCormack netting for Witham.
High Easter return from a three-week break to pay Swizzino at Writtle College on Sunday (10.30am).
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 3 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 4 10,000 signatures reached against Essex mega-prison proposal
- 5 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
- 6 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 7 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 8 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 9 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 10 Things to do in Essex this June
They visit Braintree Legends on May 22 (10.30am) and play a double-header against Witham United at High Easter on May 29 (10.30am/11.45am).