Dunmow Rhodes Seniors put nine past Rayleigh Town
- Credit: Archant
A confident Dunmow Rhodes senior side beat Rayleigh Town 9-1 on Saturday in the Mid-Essex Football League Division One.
High intensity from the start saw Dunmow create chances straight away.
With the pressure building it was Jake Buckland who open the scoring in the 11th minute running onto a perfect pass from Adam Burton.
Lee Jarvis Brown powered home a header 10 minutes later to make it 2-0.
At half-time Dunmow made some changes to their formation, which saw Jamie Sanders score the third in the 48 minute.
You may also want to watch:
Rayleigh’s young team worked hard to close down Dunmow but they were unable to stop a thunderbolt of a strike from Charlie Davies to make it four.
George Burns’s cross-shot flew in for 5-0 before their were second goals for Lee Jarvis Brown, Charlie Davies and Jake Buckland.
- 1 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 2 Car driven along Cheshunt train tracks stolen from Braintree
- 3 Accusations of pay exploitation in Essex
- 4 Q&A: Campaigner and letter writer Tony Clarke
- 5 Firefighters tackle roof blaze in Bardfield
- 6 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 9 Countess of Warwick's Show set for 2021 return
- 10 Ed Sheeran and Coldplay tributes added to line-up as Cambridge prepares for Foodies Festival
Rayleigh continued to work hard and their efforts were awarded with a goal in the 84 minute.
However, Rhodes’ captain Simon Preece finished of this strong display, scoring with a clever chip over the keeper to make it nine.
Jamie Sanders was Dunmow’s man of the match for the second week running.