Dunmow Rhodes Seniors put nine past Rayleigh Town
- Credit: Archant
A confident Dunmow Rhodes senior side beat Rayleigh Town 9-1 on Saturday in the Mid-Essex Football League Division One.
High intensity from the start saw Dunmow create chances straight away.
With the pressure building it was Jake Buckland who open the scoring in the 11th minute running onto a perfect pass from Adam Burton.
Lee Jarvis Brown powered home a header 10 minutes later to make it 2-0.
At half-time Dunmow made some changes to their formation, which saw Jamie Sanders score the third in the 48 minute.
Rayleigh’s young team worked hard to close down Dunmow but they were unable to stop a thunderbolt of a strike from Charlie Davies to make it four.
George Burns’s cross-shot flew in for 5-0 before their were second goals for Lee Jarvis Brown, Charlie Davies and Jake Buckland.
- 1 Plans unveiled for 22 new Hatfield Broad Oak homes
- 2 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 3 Braintree burglary sparks Essex Police appeal
- 4 Dunmow St Mary's pupils scoop 14 medals in school sport series
- 5 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 6 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 7 Environmental action: Dunmow boutique Wardrobe holding eco-swap
- 8 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 9 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
- 10 Firefighters rescue curious cat from Great Notley drainpipe
Rayleigh continued to work hard and their efforts were awarded with a goal in the 84 minute.
However, Rhodes’ captain Simon Preece finished of this strong display, scoring with a clever chip over the keeper to make it nine.
Jamie Sanders was Dunmow’s man of the match for the second week running.