Dunmow Rhodes Seniors put nine past Rayleigh Town
- Credit: Archant
A confident Dunmow Rhodes senior side beat Rayleigh Town 9-1 on Saturday in the Mid-Essex Football League Division One.
High intensity from the start saw Dunmow create chances straight away.
With the pressure building it was Jake Buckland who open the scoring in the 11th minute running onto a perfect pass from Adam Burton.
Lee Jarvis Brown powered home a header 10 minutes later to make it 2-0.
At half-time Dunmow made some changes to their formation, which saw Jamie Sanders score the third in the 48 minute.
You may also want to watch:
Rayleigh’s young team worked hard to close down Dunmow but they were unable to stop a thunderbolt of a strike from Charlie Davies to make it four.
George Burns’s cross-shot flew in for 5-0 before their were second goals for Lee Jarvis Brown, Charlie Davies and Jake Buckland.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
Rayleigh continued to work hard and their efforts were awarded with a goal in the 84 minute.
However, Rhodes’ captain Simon Preece finished of this strong display, scoring with a clever chip over the keeper to make it nine.
Jamie Sanders was Dunmow’s man of the match for the second week running.