Dunmow Rhodes Seniors put nine past Rayleigh Town
- Credit: Archant
A confident Dunmow Rhodes senior side beat Rayleigh Town 9-1 on Saturday in the Mid-Essex Football League Division One.
High intensity from the start saw Dunmow create chances straight away.
With the pressure building it was Jake Buckland who open the scoring in the 11th minute running onto a perfect pass from Adam Burton.
Lee Jarvis Brown powered home a header 10 minutes later to make it 2-0.
At half-time Dunmow made some changes to their formation, which saw Jamie Sanders score the third in the 48 minute.
Rayleigh’s young team worked hard to close down Dunmow but they were unable to stop a thunderbolt of a strike from Charlie Davies to make it four.
George Burns’s cross-shot flew in for 5-0 before their were second goals for Lee Jarvis Brown, Charlie Davies and Jake Buckland.
- 1 Great Dunmow Primary pupil donates hair to children with cancer
- 2 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 3 Bid launched for 120 new homes in Great Dunmow
- 4 New crematorium opens in Dunmow
- 5 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 6 Eight in a row for Dunmow, as Aythorpe Roding edge home
- 7 Great Dunmow author 'very proud' to release children’s book at age 89
- 8 Tributes paid to 'much respected' Great Dunmow Town Band leader Andy King
- 9 Stebbing Tennis Club holds annual Gnome Tournament for charity
- 10 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
Rayleigh continued to work hard and their efforts were awarded with a goal in the 84 minute.
However, Rhodes’ captain Simon Preece finished of this strong display, scoring with a clever chip over the keeper to make it nine.
Jamie Sanders was Dunmow’s man of the match for the second week running.