Football: Dunmow Rhodes return win a win at Notley FC
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes got back to action with a 3-2 win at Notley FC in Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Division One.
Warren Baines hit the post early on, but his cross was fired home by Jake Sutton later in the first half.
Notley made a strong start to the second half at a blustery Four Releet Sports Ground and Edward Leader saw a great shot rattle the post before Coner Randle levelled from a corner.
Rhodes regained the lead with an excellent 50-yard free kick from man of the match George Hamill, which proved too hot to handle for the home keeper.
But Notley squared it up for a second time after a strong run and shot from Leader flashed past Luke Johnson.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams went in search of a winner in the time that remained and some good play from Baines found Christian Roles in space to fire an excellent shot past the Notley keeper to seal the points for Rhodes.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 4 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 5 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 6 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 7 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Festival poised for Holst's 150th birthday celebrations in 2024
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches