Football: Dunmow Rhodes return win a win at Notley FC
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes got back to action with a 3-2 win at Notley FC in Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Division One.
Warren Baines hit the post early on, but his cross was fired home by Jake Sutton later in the first half.
Notley made a strong start to the second half at a blustery Four Releet Sports Ground and Edward Leader saw a great shot rattle the post before Coner Randle levelled from a corner.
Rhodes regained the lead with an excellent 50-yard free kick from man of the match George Hamill, which proved too hot to handle for the home keeper.
But Notley squared it up for a second time after a strong run and shot from Leader flashed past Luke Johnson.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams went in search of a winner in the time that remained and some good play from Baines found Christian Roles in space to fire an excellent shot past the Notley keeper to seal the points for Rhodes.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 9 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash