Football: Dunmow Rhodes return win a win at Notley FC
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes got back to action with a 3-2 win at Notley FC in Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Division One.
Warren Baines hit the post early on, but his cross was fired home by Jake Sutton later in the first half.
Notley made a strong start to the second half at a blustery Four Releet Sports Ground and Edward Leader saw a great shot rattle the post before Coner Randle levelled from a corner.
Rhodes regained the lead with an excellent 50-yard free kick from man of the match George Hamill, which proved too hot to handle for the home keeper.
But Notley squared it up for a second time after a strong run and shot from Leader flashed past Luke Johnson.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams went in search of a winner in the time that remained and some good play from Baines found Christian Roles in space to fire an excellent shot past the Notley keeper to seal the points for Rhodes.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease