Dunmow Rhodes defeat Notley Youth
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes Lions under-18s produced a good team display to edge past Notley Youth in their latest Blackwater & Dengie League Division One outing.
The two sides combined to play some good football, despite windy conditions, and Rhodes took the lead midway through the first half when George Watkins headed home from an Adam Griggs corner.
Luke Johnson pulled off several fine saves before the break, but Notley hit the post after the restart and then levelled with a good shot.
Sam Duberry’s tricky runs caused the home defence lots of problems and after he had sent a shot wide, Watkins headed in from another Griggs corner for his second to restore the lead.
Duberry then earned a well-deserved goal at the end of a fine team move to make it 3-1, before Notley nabbed their second to set up a tense finish.
But Dunmow held on during a tense finish to claim the points.
- 1 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 3 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 4 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 5 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 6 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 7 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 8 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 9 Pets' Corner: New meet and greet centre at Danaher now open
- 10 Music therapy top honour includes Walden's Together in Sound