Dunmow Rhodes defeat Notley Youth
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes Lions under-18s produced a good team display to edge past Notley Youth in their latest Blackwater & Dengie League Division One outing.
The two sides combined to play some good football, despite windy conditions, and Rhodes took the lead midway through the first half when George Watkins headed home from an Adam Griggs corner.
Luke Johnson pulled off several fine saves before the break, but Notley hit the post after the restart and then levelled with a good shot.
Sam Duberry’s tricky runs caused the home defence lots of problems and after he had sent a shot wide, Watkins headed in from another Griggs corner for his second to restore the lead.
Duberry then earned a well-deserved goal at the end of a fine team move to make it 3-1, before Notley nabbed their second to set up a tense finish.
You may also want to watch:
But Dunmow held on during a tense finish to claim the points.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 9 New cycle network consultation announced
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history