Dunmow Rhodes defeat Notley Youth
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes Lions under-18s produced a good team display to edge past Notley Youth in their latest Blackwater & Dengie League Division One outing.
The two sides combined to play some good football, despite windy conditions, and Rhodes took the lead midway through the first half when George Watkins headed home from an Adam Griggs corner.
Luke Johnson pulled off several fine saves before the break, but Notley hit the post after the restart and then levelled with a good shot.
Sam Duberry’s tricky runs caused the home defence lots of problems and after he had sent a shot wide, Watkins headed in from another Griggs corner for his second to restore the lead.
Duberry then earned a well-deserved goal at the end of a fine team move to make it 3-1, before Notley nabbed their second to set up a tense finish.
You may also want to watch:
But Dunmow held on during a tense finish to claim the points.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear