Dunmow return to winning ways
A RETURN to winning ways was exactly what Dunmow FC deserved on Saturday.
Following their great performance in losing to Premier Division opposition last week, Dunmow took all the confidence gained from that performance and used it to defeat the current league leaders St Clere’s.
Dunmow started brightly and the midfield engine room of Lee Waddingham and Nick Green ensured that they started the stronger of the two teams, pushing St Clere’s back at every opportunity.
With Scott Geraghty and Lewis Wellard providing width and Will Green and Dan Moss in attack Dunmow pressed home their advantage with a goal after 20 minutes, scored from a corner by Waddingham.
This galvanised St Clere’s who came back strongly and forced a penalty after a rash challenge by debutant Barry O’Hare. The penalty was well saved by Dunmow shot stopper Matthew Boreham.
You may also want to watch:
Dunmow immediately responded with a fine pass from midfield into the ever dangerous Will Green who finished expertly from 10 yards to put the hosts 2-0 up at half-time.
Dunmow continued the second half as they had the first with regular assaults on the St Clere’s goal.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Numbers seeking support double - can you help Uttlesford foodbank?
The third goal was always going to be an important goal and Dunmow capitalised on their superior procession with Henry Anidjar-Romain scoring a well deserved third.
Dunmow return to action on November 6 when they play Rayleigh away with a 2pm kick off.