Dunmow racer Alex Lynn enjoys Graduate Cup victory
DUNMOW racer Alex Lynn took another Graduate Cup victory in the latest round of the Formula Renault UK Championship at Croft in North Yorkshire.
The 16-year-old was part of an entertaining battle that saw him take 10th position overall in his Fortec Motorsport car.
Lynn accidentally hit his pit-lane speed-limiter button in the second race, but charged back to take a superb second fastest race lap overall.
Alex qualified 12th and then 11th for the two races, taking two pole positions in the Graduate Cup for young rookie drivers and lapping only half a second off overall pole position.
“It is really difficult,” he said. “I haven’t known anything as close as this, even in my karting days. I’m happy in one way – it’s the closest we’ve been to pole. I’d like to be further up the grid though – that’s where my true pace is.”
You may also want to watch:
Lynn was also fighting to recover his confidence after his massive crash at Oulton Park two weeks ago. “I’m not as confident as I was before Oulton, and there’s definitely time to come from that point of view,” he added.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 6 New cycle network consultation announced
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history