Dunmow netballers top of table for Christmas break
- Credit: Archant
It was the final week of matches for some of the Dunmow Crests teams this week, before heading in to the festive break.
It has been an excellent start to the season for Dunmow Crests Academy who go into the Christmas period top of their League and unbeaten.
They finished off 2016 with victory over Braintree Town Jupiter 38-29.
Braintree made it tough for Academy, who had to work hard to establish a lead.
Some good interceptions created opportunities for Academy’s shooters, who were on exceptional form as always.
You may also want to watch:
Braintree fought hard to close the gap in the scores in the third quarter, but Academy held their nerve and went on to take the win and the points.
Player of the match was Lara McKeown.
- 1 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary
Crests Blues had a difficult match against an extremely cohesive and experienced Foxes team, losing 47-22 in a score that didn’t truly reflect the balance of play.
There were some moment of excellent play from Crests, and they fought hard, but Foxes always had the edge. Player of the match went to Amber Miles.
Hampered by illness and injury, OTS struggled against opponents Tegate Wrens, in a game which should have been well within their reach.
The second half was far stronger for OTS and they pulled back, with some great defending and mid-court play.
Tegate Wrens took the win 21-13. Player of the match went to Nina Oliver.
It has been another excellent start to the campaign by Crests Whites who ended their 2016 campaign with a convincing victory over Chelmsford Finches 36-11.
Whites took control of the game from the off with Finches hardly getting an opportunity to score in the first quarter.
They picked up some momentum in the second, but Whites were playing some excellent passing play, defending strongly and making it hard at every turn.
This coupled with an excellent display of shooting from Crests shooters made the result inevitable.
Player of the match went to Charlotte Woolf.
Crests Whites go into the winter break lying third in their division.
Finally Crests Yellows said farewell to their energetic and ever positive centre Tricia Barr this week, who played her last game against Colne Valley.
Yellows put up a good fight, but Colne Valley took the win 38-18.
Player of the match went to Tabbie Chambers.