Dunmow keep up fine form
Dunmow Ladies 5 Colchester III 1 Dunmow Ladies put in a five-star performance to defeat Colchester at the weekend. They found the visitors difficult to break down, but made the breakthrough after 26 minutes after a long corner hit by Jemma Smith to Kate
Dunmow Ladies 5 Colchester III 1
Dunmow Ladies put in a five-star performance to defeat Colchester at the weekend.
They found the visitors difficult to break down, but made the breakthrough after 26 minutes after a long corner hit by Jemma Smith to Kate Taylor was converted by Charlotte Osborne.
Dunmow continued to dominate and produced a second goal from a short corner by Taylor.
However, Colchester fought back, scoring their only goal just before half-time.
Dunmow remained confident in the second half with two goals from Helen Burlend and a clean strike from Holly Rollit-Mason rounding off the victory.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 3 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 6 High Easter hit Legends with second-half goal blitz
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 9 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 10 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
Dunmow II 2 Dagenham & Redbridge IV 1
Dunmow seconds maintained their promotion push with a narrow victory over Dagenham & Redbridge.
Some lapse Dunmow defending from a short corner allowed the visitors to take the lead midway through the first half.
Dunmow quickly countered when Farr's pass allowed Owers to break unmarked from the halfway line, the keeper parried his first shot but he made no mistake from the rebound.
A patchy second half from the home side eventually saw them take the lead when Owers drove into the D to slide in the winner and take his tally to an impressive nine in five matches.
Dunmow had chances to extend their lead but shots from Chatt and Buntain both flashed wide while at the other end, some solid defending from Hockley and Fred ensured Dunmow recorded their fourth successive win.