Dunmow keep up fine form
Dunmow Ladies 5 Colchester III 1 Dunmow Ladies put in a five-star performance to defeat Colchester at the weekend. They found the visitors difficult to break down, but made the breakthrough after 26 minutes after a long corner hit by Jemma Smith to Kate
Dunmow Ladies 5 Colchester III 1
Dunmow Ladies put in a five-star performance to defeat Colchester at the weekend.
They found the visitors difficult to break down, but made the breakthrough after 26 minutes after a long corner hit by Jemma Smith to Kate Taylor was converted by Charlotte Osborne.
Dunmow continued to dominate and produced a second goal from a short corner by Taylor.
You may also want to watch:
However, Colchester fought back, scoring their only goal just before half-time.
Dunmow remained confident in the second half with two goals from Helen Burlend and a clean strike from Holly Rollit-Mason rounding off the victory.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 6 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
Dunmow II 2 Dagenham & Redbridge IV 1
Dunmow seconds maintained their promotion push with a narrow victory over Dagenham & Redbridge.
Some lapse Dunmow defending from a short corner allowed the visitors to take the lead midway through the first half.
Dunmow quickly countered when Farr's pass allowed Owers to break unmarked from the halfway line, the keeper parried his first shot but he made no mistake from the rebound.
A patchy second half from the home side eventually saw them take the lead when Owers drove into the D to slide in the winner and take his tally to an impressive nine in five matches.
Dunmow had chances to extend their lead but shots from Chatt and Buntain both flashed wide while at the other end, some solid defending from Hockley and Fred ensured Dunmow recorded their fourth successive win.