Karate: Dunmow youngsters among medals in National competition
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Kyokushinkai Karate Club members were among the medals at the British National Clicker tournament in Newbury.
More than 220 students from clubs all over the country took part, with Dunmow's Chloe Slocombe, 13, winning bronze in the under-16 girls' high grade over-158cm category.
Eight-year-old Fox Walker added bronze in the pee-wee category, while nine-year-old Daniel Lejwoda was crowned national champion after winning gold.
Dunmow Kyokushinkai Karate Club will be starting a beginners course in January 2020 with the first months training free.
Training is every Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday training times are juniors (aged 6 to 15) 6pm to 7pm at the Dunmow Leisure Centre and for seniors 8pm to 9.30pm at Dance Studio, Dunmow Leisure Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Thursday training times for juniors 6.30pm to 7.30pm and seniors 7.30pm to 9.30pm both at Foakes Hall, Great Dunmow.
If you are interested in the karate club go to www.dunmowkarate.com or contact Shihan Andrew Turner on 07974 094925.
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 5 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 8 Half empty or half full weekend depending on whether you play for Dunmow's firsts or seconds
- 9 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 10 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay