Karate: Dunmow youngsters among medals in National competition
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Kyokushinkai Karate Club members were among the medals at the British National Clicker tournament in Newbury.
More than 220 students from clubs all over the country took part, with Dunmow's Chloe Slocombe, 13, winning bronze in the under-16 girls' high grade over-158cm category.
Eight-year-old Fox Walker added bronze in the pee-wee category, while nine-year-old Daniel Lejwoda was crowned national champion after winning gold.
Dunmow Kyokushinkai Karate Club will be starting a beginners course in January 2020 with the first months training free.
Training is every Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday training times are juniors (aged 6 to 15) 6pm to 7pm at the Dunmow Leisure Centre and for seniors 8pm to 9.30pm at Dance Studio, Dunmow Leisure Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Thursday training times for juniors 6.30pm to 7.30pm and seniors 7.30pm to 9.30pm both at Foakes Hall, Great Dunmow.
If you are interested in the karate club go to www.dunmowkarate.com or contact Shihan Andrew Turner on 07974 094925.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 New cycle network consultation announced
- 8 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack