Dunmow hit Writtle for four
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes Lions U16s pulled off a well deserved 4-1 win over Writtle Minors in the Blackwater & Dengie Youth League Division Two on Sunday.
The game got off to a flyer with skipper Christian Roles putting Dunmow in front from an Adam Griggs pass.
Writtle soon pulled level with a shot which sailed over the head of Rhodes’ keeper Luke Johnson.
Just before half-time Dunmow scored a second as a chance fell to Dominic Roles who gave his side a 2-1 half-time lead.
The second half started with both teams looking for more goals, but crucially it was Zak Jagathesan who got in the position to fire into the net to give Rhodes a 3-1 lead.
You may also want to watch:
Man of the match Dominic Roles scored his second goal of the game when J P Alexandar and Sam Hockley’s neat passing found him in space and an excellent finish gave the Writtle Minors keeper no chance.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert