Dunmow hit Writtle for four
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes Lions U16s pulled off a well deserved 4-1 win over Writtle Minors in the Blackwater & Dengie Youth League Division Two on Sunday.
The game got off to a flyer with skipper Christian Roles putting Dunmow in front from an Adam Griggs pass.
Writtle soon pulled level with a shot which sailed over the head of Rhodes’ keeper Luke Johnson.
Just before half-time Dunmow scored a second as a chance fell to Dominic Roles who gave his side a 2-1 half-time lead.
The second half started with both teams looking for more goals, but crucially it was Zak Jagathesan who got in the position to fire into the net to give Rhodes a 3-1 lead.
You may also want to watch:
Man of the match Dominic Roles scored his second goal of the game when J P Alexandar and Sam Hockley’s neat passing found him in space and an excellent finish gave the Writtle Minors keeper no chance.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 4 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners get in plenty of runs before winter begins
- 5 Dunmow Rovers' girls advance in Essex County League Cup
- 6 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 7 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 8 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 9 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 10 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents