Swimming: Dunmow Atlantis duo make splash in Sheffield
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis swimmers travelled to Sheffield for the Swim England National Winter Short Course Championships in their final meeting of the year.
Damon Elliott, 15, and Rebecca Watt, 17, had both met tough qualification times in order to take part at Ponds Forge against some of the fastest young swimmers in the country.
And Elliott was close to his personal bests in the 50m and 100m freestyle, as well as the 50m butterfly.
Watt, meanwhile, made it through to the final of the 50m freestyle and clocked 25.62secs to finish 10th.
After a short break for the Christmas holidays, the Atlantis squad will return to training in the new year in readiness for the Essex Championships in January and February.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the club visit dunmowatlantis.co.uk.
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 3 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 4 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 5 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 6 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 7 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe
- 8 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 9 Four birthday cakes as Florence celebrates her 105th birthday
- 10 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19