Swimming: Dunmow Atlantis duo make splash in Sheffield
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis swimmers travelled to Sheffield for the Swim England National Winter Short Course Championships in their final meeting of the year.
Damon Elliott, 15, and Rebecca Watt, 17, had both met tough qualification times in order to take part at Ponds Forge against some of the fastest young swimmers in the country.
And Elliott was close to his personal bests in the 50m and 100m freestyle, as well as the 50m butterfly.
Watt, meanwhile, made it through to the final of the 50m freestyle and clocked 25.62secs to finish 10th.
After a short break for the Christmas holidays, the Atlantis squad will return to training in the new year in readiness for the Essex Championships in January and February.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the club visit dunmowatlantis.co.uk.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Felsted announces STEM competition winners
- 4 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 5 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 6 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 7 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 8 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 9 Ambitious and fast-growing High Roding raring to go ahead of new season
- 10 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community