Swimming: Dunmow duo impress for Essex
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis duo Sarah Edwards and Meghan Maybanks helped Essex win their 2018 Masters Inter County competition at Basildon Sporting Village.
Essex took on Norfolk, Suffolk, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire, with men and women aged 18 to 70-plus in action.
Edwards competed in the medley and freestyle relay races and improved her 50m freestyle personal best when claiming a superb second palce.
And Maybanks put in a fine display in the 200m medley relay and was in the winning freestyle relay squad as Essex, despite pressure from Norfolk finished as overall winners with 246 points.
It proved a fine swansong for former Dunmow head coach Steve Turner, who was ending his run as Essex ASA President and got to present the trophy to his own team.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about Dunmow Atlantis visit the club’s website dunmowatlantis.co.uk.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust