Swimming: Dunmow Atlantis duo among best of British
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis duo Josh Smith and Rebecca Watt flew the club flag at the British Championships in Glasgow.
Clubs from all over the UK took part, with the likes of Adam Peaty and Freya Anderson in action.
And Smith, 18, finished just outside his personal best in his heat of the men’s open 50m backstroke.
Watt was in the pool the following day in the women’s 50m freestyle and a classy swim confirmed her qualification for the junior final later in the day.
Watt eventually finished seventh in her age group and training is now in full swing for all Dunmow Atlantis Swimming Club members and head coach Darren Tucker as the season gets into full swing.
You may also want to watch:
The club have a full calendar of competitions ahead, including the East Regionals next month.
For further information about the club visit their website dunmowatlantis.co.uk.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert