Swimming: Dunmow Atlantis duo among best of British
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis duo Josh Smith and Rebecca Watt flew the club flag at the British Championships in Glasgow.
Clubs from all over the UK took part, with the likes of Adam Peaty and Freya Anderson in action.
And Smith, 18, finished just outside his personal best in his heat of the men’s open 50m backstroke.
Watt was in the pool the following day in the women’s 50m freestyle and a classy swim confirmed her qualification for the junior final later in the day.
Watt eventually finished seventh in her age group and training is now in full swing for all Dunmow Atlantis Swimming Club members and head coach Darren Tucker as the season gets into full swing.
You may also want to watch:
The club have a full calendar of competitions ahead, including the East Regionals next month.
For further information about the club visit their website dunmowatlantis.co.uk.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary