Dunmow crash to Lakenheath loss
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow fell to a 25-run defeat at St Edmunds Lane to Lakenheath in a bottom of the table clash.
In a match reduced to 42 overs per side Lakenheath were asked to bat first on Saturday.
The Dunmow bowlers didn’t quite make the most of the conditions as the top order batsman steadily built a decent total, S Leach and R Horrex (48) being the main run scorers.
At 167-3 a big total looked to be on the cards, but wicket-taking spells from Jake Thompson (3-50) and Baz Sewell (3-63) saw the score go to 169-7 and then 191 all out in an excellent turnaround from Dunmow.
The reply got off to a solid start with Luke Swanston (63) and Oli Rooney (18) building a partnership after the early loss of Bush, but a superb direct run out meant Dunmow were to lose Rooney and the game started to turn back into Lakenheath’s favour as they became more confident.
You may also want to watch:
Wickets started to fall regularly through the middle overs until Nick Kesingland (36) came in and played aggressively to get Dunmow close again, but he was out playing one too many shots caught in the deep by Horrrex.
The lower order were unable to keep up with the required rate as Dunmow were beaten.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts