Dunmow crash to Lakenheath loss
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow fell to a 25-run defeat at St Edmunds Lane to Lakenheath in a bottom of the table clash.
In a match reduced to 42 overs per side Lakenheath were asked to bat first on Saturday.
The Dunmow bowlers didn’t quite make the most of the conditions as the top order batsman steadily built a decent total, S Leach and R Horrex (48) being the main run scorers.
At 167-3 a big total looked to be on the cards, but wicket-taking spells from Jake Thompson (3-50) and Baz Sewell (3-63) saw the score go to 169-7 and then 191 all out in an excellent turnaround from Dunmow.
The reply got off to a solid start with Luke Swanston (63) and Oli Rooney (18) building a partnership after the early loss of Bush, but a superb direct run out meant Dunmow were to lose Rooney and the game started to turn back into Lakenheath’s favour as they became more confident.
You may also want to watch:
Wickets started to fall regularly through the middle overs until Nick Kesingland (36) came in and played aggressively to get Dunmow close again, but he was out playing one too many shots caught in the deep by Horrrex.
The lower order were unable to keep up with the required rate as Dunmow were beaten.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 3 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 4 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 5 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 6 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 7 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 8 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 9 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 10 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured