Dunmow crash to Lakenheath loss
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow fell to a 25-run defeat at St Edmunds Lane to Lakenheath in a bottom of the table clash.
In a match reduced to 42 overs per side Lakenheath were asked to bat first on Saturday.
The Dunmow bowlers didn’t quite make the most of the conditions as the top order batsman steadily built a decent total, S Leach and R Horrex (48) being the main run scorers.
At 167-3 a big total looked to be on the cards, but wicket-taking spells from Jake Thompson (3-50) and Baz Sewell (3-63) saw the score go to 169-7 and then 191 all out in an excellent turnaround from Dunmow.
The reply got off to a solid start with Luke Swanston (63) and Oli Rooney (18) building a partnership after the early loss of Bush, but a superb direct run out meant Dunmow were to lose Rooney and the game started to turn back into Lakenheath’s favour as they became more confident.
Wickets started to fall regularly through the middle overs until Nick Kesingland (36) came in and played aggressively to get Dunmow close again, but he was out playing one too many shots caught in the deep by Horrrex.
The lower order were unable to keep up with the required rate as Dunmow were beaten.
- 1 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 2 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 3 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 4 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 5 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 6 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 7 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 8 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 9 Campaigners quiz council over its Wethersfield prisons letters
- 10 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner