Dunmow crash five to crush Rayleigh Town
- Credit: Archant
A strong Dunmow Rhodes display saw them run out as 5-0 winners over Rayleigh Town in The County Works Vauxhall Mid Essex League Division One.
Following a bye last week in the League Cup, Dunmow returned to league action away to Rayleigh.
Dunmow started strongly with George Burns and Daryl Burton attacking the full backs with pace, and delivering some dangerous crosses into the box.
Within 10 minutes Dunmow took the lead with Charlie Davies finishing strongly from close range.
This seemed to put Rayleigh onto the back foot.
In the 21st minute Dunmow won a corner and Charlie Cottrell powered home to make it 2-0 at half-time.
Dunmow kicked off the second half and straight away put their opponents under pressure.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 8 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 9 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 10 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
Callum Parradine struck a powerful shot from the edge of the box to make it 3-0.
Dunmow continued to dominate the game working hard to close the space. This pressure allowed Adam Pillinger to win the ball in midfield and fire home from 30 yards.
With the game over Davies added his second of the match to make it a strong 5-0 win. Dunmow’s man of the match was Miles McCarthy