Dunmow crash five to crush Rayleigh Town
- Credit: Archant
A strong Dunmow Rhodes display saw them run out as 5-0 winners over Rayleigh Town in The County Works Vauxhall Mid Essex League Division One.
Following a bye last week in the League Cup, Dunmow returned to league action away to Rayleigh.
Dunmow started strongly with George Burns and Daryl Burton attacking the full backs with pace, and delivering some dangerous crosses into the box.
Within 10 minutes Dunmow took the lead with Charlie Davies finishing strongly from close range.
This seemed to put Rayleigh onto the back foot.
You may also want to watch:
In the 21st minute Dunmow won a corner and Charlie Cottrell powered home to make it 2-0 at half-time.
Dunmow kicked off the second half and straight away put their opponents under pressure.
- 1 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Bid to 'join' Dunmow and Easton with more than 1,000 homes blocked
- 4 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 5 Ball bearings shot at Leaden Roding car
- 6 'Outstanding' Town Award winners unveiled
- 7 Essex Highways proposes 11-week closure to main road near Thaxted
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 10 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
Callum Parradine struck a powerful shot from the edge of the box to make it 3-0.
Dunmow continued to dominate the game working hard to close the space. This pressure allowed Adam Pillinger to win the ball in midfield and fire home from 30 yards.
With the game over Davies added his second of the match to make it a strong 5-0 win. Dunmow’s man of the match was Miles McCarthy