Dunmow crash five to crush Rayleigh Town
- Credit: Archant
A strong Dunmow Rhodes display saw them run out as 5-0 winners over Rayleigh Town in The County Works Vauxhall Mid Essex League Division One.
Following a bye last week in the League Cup, Dunmow returned to league action away to Rayleigh.
Dunmow started strongly with George Burns and Daryl Burton attacking the full backs with pace, and delivering some dangerous crosses into the box.
Within 10 minutes Dunmow took the lead with Charlie Davies finishing strongly from close range.
This seemed to put Rayleigh onto the back foot.
You may also want to watch:
In the 21st minute Dunmow won a corner and Charlie Cottrell powered home to make it 2-0 at half-time.
Dunmow kicked off the second half and straight away put their opponents under pressure.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 10 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
Callum Parradine struck a powerful shot from the edge of the box to make it 3-0.
Dunmow continued to dominate the game working hard to close the space. This pressure allowed Adam Pillinger to win the ball in midfield and fire home from 30 yards.
With the game over Davies added his second of the match to make it a strong 5-0 win. Dunmow’s man of the match was Miles McCarthy