Dunmow book league cup semi-final place
- Credit: Archant
Josh Boreham struck one of Dunmow Rhodes Tigers U12s goals of the season as they booked their place in the Blackwater and Dengie League Cup semi-final.
Dunmow beat Great Notley Falcons 2-0 thanks to Boreham’s 20 yard effort which flew into the top corner and a Miles Thorpe effort.
Rhodes continued their good form and from kick-off worked hard to prevent Great Notley any time and space. Rhodes kept possession well and their passing from defence to midfield created space for Boreham to open the scoring.
With 10 minutes of the first half remaining Dunmow moved the ball quickly and released Thorpe to break away and score Dunmow’s second.
The second half saw both teams create chances with Dunmow hitting the cross bar twice and Great Notley being stopped by the fine goalkeeping of Alex Benjamin.
You may also want to watch:
A superb team display saw Dunmow move into the league cup semi-final.
- 1 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 2 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 3 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Stations benefit from funding
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 9 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 10 Minibuses are transporting residents to Covid jab appointments