Dunmow book league cup semi-final place
- Credit: Archant
Josh Boreham struck one of Dunmow Rhodes Tigers U12s goals of the season as they booked their place in the Blackwater and Dengie League Cup semi-final.
Dunmow beat Great Notley Falcons 2-0 thanks to Boreham’s 20 yard effort which flew into the top corner and a Miles Thorpe effort.
Rhodes continued their good form and from kick-off worked hard to prevent Great Notley any time and space. Rhodes kept possession well and their passing from defence to midfield created space for Boreham to open the scoring.
With 10 minutes of the first half remaining Dunmow moved the ball quickly and released Thorpe to break away and score Dunmow’s second.
The second half saw both teams create chances with Dunmow hitting the cross bar twice and Great Notley being stopped by the fine goalkeeping of Alex Benjamin.
You may also want to watch:
A superb team display saw Dunmow move into the league cup semi-final.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 3 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 4 New cycle network consultation announced
- 5 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease