Swimming: Dunmow Atlantis youngsters shine at Nationals
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis saw three of their young swimmers compete at the National Championships at Ponds Forge in Sheffield.
Rebecca Watt stormed through the British 50m freestyle heats and produced a fine swim in the 16 years final to take bronze in 26.47secs.
And Watt was back for the England Summer event, cruising to the 100m freestyle final and taking eighth.
Damon Elliott, 14, reached his 50m freestyle final but just missed out on a medal after a personal best of 25.99.
Elliott was back in the pool the next day and made the 50m butterfly final, finishing inside the top 10.
You may also want to watch:
Josh Smith, 17, produced some good swims in his 100m backstroke and 50m butterfly swims, but Megan Maybanks was unable to compete this year due to injury.
All eyes are now on the new 2018/19 season, which is due to begin in earnest.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
For more details on the club visit their website dunmowatlantis.co.uk.