Swimming: Dunmow Atlantis youngsters in Junior League opener
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis saw their youngsters in National Junior League round one action last week.
Over 200 teams take part annually across the UK, aiming to encourage inter-club competition for nine to 12-year-olds.
And the event at Southbury saw Dunmow as host to Camden B, Borough of Harrow, Enfield, Halstead and Brentwood teams.
A busy afternoon of racing included individual and relay events, culminating in an exciting mixed cannon relay, which saw Dunmow third behind Camden and Harrow.
Nine members of the Atlantis squad were racing in the first team gala and after a solid performance Dunmow finished sixth overall.
You may also want to watch:
Round two takes place later this month and anyone wanting more information on the club can visit the website dunmowatlantis.co.uk.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 9 Numbers seeking support double - can you help Uttlesford foodbank?
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history