Dunmow Atlantis Swimming Club make a splash at East Region Winter Championships
- Credit: Archant
Fresh from their swim camp in Majorca, Dunmow Atlantis (DASC) were on top form against the best the East of England has to offer at the East Region Winter SC Championships in Luton.
The tough two-day competition showcased the best in the region with DASC performing admirably to claim some terrific times and final positions.
The squad consisted of Chloe Moloney, Louis Spong, Abbie Hart, Meghan Maybanks, Matt McLaughlin, Grace Mellor, Josh Smith, Rebecca Watt and Emma Sarginson. Many superb results spoke for themselves, with 20 personal bests, 12 new club records, 20 improved Essex qualifying times, 15 new and five improved East Region 2016 qualifying times.
Day two saw the club’s first-ever Regional medal - having entered the final of the women’s 50m freestyle in eighth position, 14-year-old Meghan Maybanks stormed through the race to take bronze with a time of 26.67s.
A delighted head coach, Steve Turner, said: “What a great weekend of swimming from our top squad swimmers, particularly on the back of a hard swim camp the week before.
You may also want to watch:
“With consideration of this event as being an Open Age Group, DASC swimmers were at the peak of their competitive racing.
“My congratulations go to all the swimmers, who represented the club with great aplomb. Well done to everyone involved.”
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
For more information on Dunmow Atlantis Swimming Club visit www.dunmowatlantis.co.uk