Dunmow Atlantis Swimming Club make a splash at East Region Winter Championships
- Credit: Archant
Fresh from their swim camp in Majorca, Dunmow Atlantis (DASC) were on top form against the best the East of England has to offer at the East Region Winter SC Championships in Luton.
The tough two-day competition showcased the best in the region with DASC performing admirably to claim some terrific times and final positions.
The squad consisted of Chloe Moloney, Louis Spong, Abbie Hart, Meghan Maybanks, Matt McLaughlin, Grace Mellor, Josh Smith, Rebecca Watt and Emma Sarginson. Many superb results spoke for themselves, with 20 personal bests, 12 new club records, 20 improved Essex qualifying times, 15 new and five improved East Region 2016 qualifying times.
Day two saw the club’s first-ever Regional medal - having entered the final of the women’s 50m freestyle in eighth position, 14-year-old Meghan Maybanks stormed through the race to take bronze with a time of 26.67s.
A delighted head coach, Steve Turner, said: “What a great weekend of swimming from our top squad swimmers, particularly on the back of a hard swim camp the week before.
“With consideration of this event as being an Open Age Group, DASC swimmers were at the peak of their competitive racing.
“My congratulations go to all the swimmers, who represented the club with great aplomb. Well done to everyone involved.”
- 1 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 2 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 5 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 6 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 7 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 8 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Meet the New Tourism Business of the Year finalists
- 9 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
For more information on Dunmow Atlantis Swimming Club visit www.dunmowatlantis.co.uk