Dunmow Atlantis Swimming Club make a splash at East Region Winter Championships
- Credit: Archant
Fresh from their swim camp in Majorca, Dunmow Atlantis (DASC) were on top form against the best the East of England has to offer at the East Region Winter SC Championships in Luton.
The tough two-day competition showcased the best in the region with DASC performing admirably to claim some terrific times and final positions.
The squad consisted of Chloe Moloney, Louis Spong, Abbie Hart, Meghan Maybanks, Matt McLaughlin, Grace Mellor, Josh Smith, Rebecca Watt and Emma Sarginson. Many superb results spoke for themselves, with 20 personal bests, 12 new club records, 20 improved Essex qualifying times, 15 new and five improved East Region 2016 qualifying times.
Day two saw the club’s first-ever Regional medal - having entered the final of the women’s 50m freestyle in eighth position, 14-year-old Meghan Maybanks stormed through the race to take bronze with a time of 26.67s.
A delighted head coach, Steve Turner, said: “What a great weekend of swimming from our top squad swimmers, particularly on the back of a hard swim camp the week before.
You may also want to watch:
“With consideration of this event as being an Open Age Group, DASC swimmers were at the peak of their competitive racing.
“My congratulations go to all the swimmers, who represented the club with great aplomb. Well done to everyone involved.”
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 8 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 9 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
- 10 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
For more information on Dunmow Atlantis Swimming Club visit www.dunmowatlantis.co.uk