Dunmow Atlantis swimmers take league gala plunge
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis Swimming Club had another busy weekend competing at two league galas.
On Saturday night the squad took part in the third round of the Essex League at Basildon where they performed admirably.
Having taken a second place then top spot in the first two rounds, DASC were determined to keep up the momentum.
Some superb swimming and the usual team spirit ensured the squad enjoyed plenty of success as they competed in a variety of events.
Despite stiff opposition, the club showed what a classy act they are by coming a very close second to a strong Basildon squad.
The final round will be held next month, where the club hope for further success and possible promotion to the next league.
On Sunday it was the turn of the younger swimmers, who took part in round two of the Junior Swimming League held at the Braintree pool.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 3 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 4 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 5 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 6 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 7 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 8 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 9 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 10 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
The swimmers competed against six other clubs from the M11 corridor, with many outstanding performances against tough opposition.
The children, aged nine-12 years-of-age, kept their cool despite the rising humidity.
Many swimmers gained new personal bests, along with helping the Dunmow side to take a creditable fifth place.
The club are already training hard for round three, which takes place next month.