Dunmow Atlantis swimmers take league gala plunge
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis Swimming Club had another busy weekend competing at two league galas.
On Saturday night the squad took part in the third round of the Essex League at Basildon where they performed admirably.
Having taken a second place then top spot in the first two rounds, DASC were determined to keep up the momentum.
Some superb swimming and the usual team spirit ensured the squad enjoyed plenty of success as they competed in a variety of events.
Despite stiff opposition, the club showed what a classy act they are by coming a very close second to a strong Basildon squad.
You may also want to watch:
The final round will be held next month, where the club hope for further success and possible promotion to the next league.
On Sunday it was the turn of the younger swimmers, who took part in round two of the Junior Swimming League held at the Braintree pool.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 5 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
The swimmers competed against six other clubs from the M11 corridor, with many outstanding performances against tough opposition.
The children, aged nine-12 years-of-age, kept their cool despite the rising humidity.
Many swimmers gained new personal bests, along with helping the Dunmow side to take a creditable fifth place.
The club are already training hard for round three, which takes place next month.