Dunmow Atlantis swimmers take league gala plunge
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis Swimming Club had another busy weekend competing at two league galas.
On Saturday night the squad took part in the third round of the Essex League at Basildon where they performed admirably.
Having taken a second place then top spot in the first two rounds, DASC were determined to keep up the momentum.
Some superb swimming and the usual team spirit ensured the squad enjoyed plenty of success as they competed in a variety of events.
Despite stiff opposition, the club showed what a classy act they are by coming a very close second to a strong Basildon squad.
You may also want to watch:
The final round will be held next month, where the club hope for further success and possible promotion to the next league.
On Sunday it was the turn of the younger swimmers, who took part in round two of the Junior Swimming League held at the Braintree pool.
- 1 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 2 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 3 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 4 Stansted author to release second novel
- 5 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 6 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 7 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
The swimmers competed against six other clubs from the M11 corridor, with many outstanding performances against tough opposition.
The children, aged nine-12 years-of-age, kept their cool despite the rising humidity.
Many swimmers gained new personal bests, along with helping the Dunmow side to take a creditable fifth place.
The club are already training hard for round three, which takes place next month.