Dunmow Atlantis swimmers head to Italy for training camp
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis Swimming Club members were lucky enough to have the opportunity to travel to Italy last week for long course swim training.
Staying at a beautiful country club near Piombino, the squad, a mixture of regional, county and masters swimmers, trained twice daily in the superb 50m pool, overlooking the Tuscan hills.
Not only did the swimmers improve their fitness and technique, completing over 50 km each over the nine two hour training sessions, the annual swim camp was also a chance to complete team building activities and enjoy some down time together.
Head coach Darren Tucker, assisted by Amanda Simmons and Heather McLaughlin, was highly impressed with his squad’s achievements.
He said: “I am so proud of them all, they tackled every swimming challenge I put in front of them and smashed it.
You may also want to watch:
“It was great to spend time away from the pool as well, very well done to all.”
The extra training will stand the swimmers in good stead with Winter Regional, National and Essex County competitions, plus the National Arena League taking up much of the next few months.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 4 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 9 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 10 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
Visit www.dunmowatlantis.co.uk for more information about the club.