Swimming: Dunmow Atlantis members earn Masters medals
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis members were among the medals at the British Masters Championships in Cardiff.
The three-day event hosted by Swim Wales is the highlight of the calendar for those aged 16 to 60-plus and a squad of nine represented Dunmow.
Sarah Edwards won bronze in the 50m backstroke before joining forces with Tara Stroud, Abbie Hart and Georgia Harrod to add silver in the 4x50m freestyle relay.
And there were further bronze medals for Stephen Beale in the 200m backstroke and Matt McLaughlin in the 50m breaststroke, as well as a silver in the gruelling 200m butterfly for Dylan Nutt.
Michele Romain and Nicola Russell were also in action for a Dunmow squad which set 10 improved times between them.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the club visit dunmowatlantis.co.uk.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 4 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 9 Ambitious and fast-growing High Roding raring to go ahead of new season
- 10 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open