Dunmow Atlantis club celebrates swimming success
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis Swimming Club have every reason to celebrate following their outstanding performance at the recent Essex County Championships.
Held at Basildon Sporting Village and Southend Leisure Centre over three weekends, the squad surpassed expectations, enjoying their most successful championships ever.
Having entered with an exceptional 35 swimmers, the squad also undertook their first shot at County relay team events; can now boast of two County Champions and finished 10th overall out of 24 teams.
That was no mean feat considering the tough competition faced from some much larger clubs in the event.
The tough training schedule, sheer determination plus endless support from coaches and parents have more than paid off; the excellent final results speak for themselves.
In total, there were 144 new personal bests, 70 top eight/finalists places, 15 new and 33 improved East Region qualifying times; the medal haul totalled eight bronze, seven silver and tw golds.
Not only that, there were an impressive 27 revised club records.
- 1 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 2 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 5 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 6 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 7 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 8 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Meet the New Tourism Business of the Year finalists
- 9 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
Visit www.dunmowatlantis.co.uk for more information about the club.