Drag Racing: Gridlock almost at the 140mph mark
TEAM Gridlock are just 0.4mph away from making their first ever 140mph pass after a fine performance on Saturday.
TEAM Gridlock are just 0.4mph away from making their first ever 140mph pass after a fine performance at the Shakespeare County raceway’s Nostalgia Nationals.
Saturday’s qualifying proved to be a formality for driver Adam Price and the Little Dunmow team with four spectacular runs
But, come Sunday, the change in air pressure caught many teams unawares and were running slower than their original dial ins.
You may also want to watch:
The first round saw them paired up against old adversary Backdraft and both cars produced huge wheelies off of the line with Price hitting a 0.05 second reaction time and taking the win by a good margin.
The second round wasn’t as good, with heavy tyre shake off of the line, and with the engine gasping for air Gridlock dropped to fourth. With just 0.06 seconds separating the top four drivers, the team gambled on some changes which paid off.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 4 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 9 Stansted author to release second novel
- 10 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
The final round was against a Competition Coupe from the Isle of White and Prices reaction time left his opponent rooted at the tree to blast home and lift them back up to second place.
Price was awarded additional trophies again for best and most exciting burnout and best reaction time and the second place points now move the team to 2nd spot in the WB and Real Steel race series.
The team will now be busy preparing for the Mini Showdown in two weeks before setting off for the home of European Drag Racing at Santa Pod for Dragstalgia.
The car is also scheduled to appear at Felsted Primary School Fete this Saturday and will be available for photo opportunities and questions.