Dominoes: Ridley Cup provides a shock
CHELMSFORD CITY FC’s dominoes specialists took a leaf from the football club’s book of cup exploits last week, dumping holders Felsted Chequers out of the Ridley League KO competition.
It was a first defeat of the season for the league’s undisputed dommy kings who have already had two championships and three cup triumphs in the past seven years.
Star City pair Steve and Sam Richardson, with two wins, were outdone for once as Rose Mallord and John Morris finished unbeaten.
The killer point was scored by Simon Brewster and Natalie Potts. Neil Linin and Darren Wilks (two out of three) did best for the Chequers.
The exit of one of their big rivals gives Margaretting Black Bull the hope that, after three consecutive league runners-up placings, this might be their dominoes year.
You may also want to watch:
John Blanche and May McGowan were three-time winners as the Bird in Hand were defeated 6-3. John Steele and Carol Hughes scored two points, as did Dylan Buck and Hazel Rolfe for the Bird.
Fixtures: (Jan 18) – North: Flitch SC v Black Lion, Retreat v Chequers, CCFC bye. South: New Barn v Black Bull, Lt Waltham SC v Bird in Hand, Swan v Cricketers.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 8 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed