Dominoes: Flitch take honours in tense final
RIDLEY LEAGUE ROUND-UP DUNMOW S Flitch Snooker Club filled a rare blank in their Ridley League records with a tense Dominoes Cup Final win against the Retreat at Rayne Cock last week. One point separated the teams, the club edging home thanks to 2-1 wins
RIDLEY LEAGUE ROUND-UP
DUNMOW'S Flitch Snooker Club filled a rare blank in their Ridley League records with a tense Dominoes Cup Final win against the Retreat at Rayne Cock last week.
One point separated the teams, the club edging home thanks to 2-1 wins on two of the three tables.
It ended years of waiting for the Dunmow side, who, for all their other successes over the years, have had a barren time in the Dominoes Cup - their last trophy triumph was in 1983, as the Cricketers.
You may also want to watch:
The Black Bull's dommies players won through to the team finals after an edgy three weeks. Glyn Bridges and Julie Bennett stayed unbeaten to earn the play-off place that seemed to have been lost in defeat by The Swan in their final league fixture on May 29.
That result had let in Galleywood Eagle to draw level at the top of the South Section and force last week's shootout at Baddow Beehive. And the Eagle sniffed a dramatic victory on Tuesday with the score 4-4.
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
- 8 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
But Bridges and Bennett came good with a third straight win against Angelo Ellul and Peter Burgess, earning a crack at North champs Felsted Chequers and capping a frustrating night for The Eagle, who won on the other two tables.
The Galleywood pub had consolation in a hard-earned Mixed League success by Alan Church and Karen Tinsley over Chelmsford SC. They won 2-1 and meet Dunmow Cricketers at the Snooker Club on play-off night, July 10.
RESULTS - Dominoes Cup, Final: Retreat 4, Flitch Snooker 5. Mixed Lge, South Play-off: Chelmsford SC 1, Eagle 2. Dominoes Lge, South Play-off: Black Bull 5, Eagle 4.