Dog & Partridge top Christmas charts
Dog & Partridge were three points clear atop the Ridley Darts and Dominoes League over Christmas.
Mick Cain (180 and five other three-figure scores) and Robbie Turner (180 and four more ton-pluses) led the high scorers against Compasses, though Cain lost his singles to Grant Gregory as the visitors came within a point of an upset.
That result was still enough to increase their lead over Chelmsford City A, losers to a resurgent Cricketers, who showed no fear of the reigning champs, even after going 3-0 down in the singles.
Del Kochan had a 180, two 120 in-shots and 12 other ton-pluses in a good night’s work.
City B maintained their improved form, winning 10-5 at neighbours Red Beret.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams were short of key players, but there were a few significant performances, with Des Vickers (City) ending Charlie Selby’s unbeaten singles run.
The Chequers B-Little Waltham dust-up produced some sharp finishing: 158 by Chequers’ Wayne Goodwin, 143 by Tony Bamsey and Waltham clubmate Jenny Kochan.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 7 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
And in the spirit of goodwill, best wishes for 2016 to Bird in Hand, steamrollered 14-1 by Chequers A.
Tim Hook won their only leg as the visitors dominated the main darts (Richard Ward 180).
The dominoes was a similar story, with the Bird’s sole success coming through Hazel and Margaret Rolfe in the women’s match.
Results: Bird in Hand 1 Chequers A 14 (singles/pairs 0-7, mixed 0-1, women 1-0, dominoes 0-6); CCFC A 6 Cricketers 9 (4-3, 0-1, 0-1, 2-4); Chequers B 6 Lt Waltham SC 9 (4-3, 0-1, 0-1, 2-4); Dog & Partridge 8 Compasses 7 (5-2, 1-0, 0-1,2-4); Red Beret 5 CCFC B 10 (0-7, 0-1, 1-0, 4-2).