Designers rally together for new car
A new rally car, the McRae Enduro, has been developed in Essex. The McRae Enduro is designed to race in the most extreme type of motorsport called Cross-Country. The most famous event in this category is the legendary Dakar Rally which takes place in the
A new rally car, the McRae Enduro, has been developed in Essex. The McRae Enduro is designed to race in the most extreme type of motorsport called Cross-Country. The most famous event in this category is the legendary Dakar Rally which takes place in the inhospitable deserts of North Africa.
Two years ago Christopher Bibb from Felsted got together with Barry Reynolds from Hatfield Heath, and Colin Pharaoh from Braintree after recognising a demand in the marketplace for an affordable off-road rally car that combines strength and reliability with excellent dynamics and exciting performance.
Also contributing to the car that impressed the most famous family in rally, the McRaes, was Advance Fuel Systems of Newport, who manufactured a bespoke foam filled safety fuel tank.
The prototype McRae Enduro rally car driven hard and fast by British and Asia-Pacific Rally Champion Alister McRae, has now just completed, without any major failures, a three day and 350 mile, durability test on the rough track at Bradwell-on-Sea.
You may also want to watch:
Colin Pharaoh, director at McRae Enduro said: "It's often said that the Midlands is the home of Motorsport, but in Essex you will find a wealth of engineering talent and no shortage of experienced and highly qualified race and rally specialists.
"It is their professionalism that has made the McRae Enduro a product that every Essex person can be proud of.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 3 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 9 New cycle network consultation announced
- 10 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack