Delight for Rory Hutchinson as former Felsted schoolboy signs extension at Northampton Saints
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Former Felsted schoolboy Rory Hutchinson has signed a contract extension at Northampton Saints.
The Cambridge-born centre has been in scintillating form this season, winning the Gallagher Premiership Rugby player of the month for February.
The 23-year-old, who has made 28 appearances since his debut against Leicester Tigers in 2015, said: “This was a really straightforward decision for me to make.
“I’m enjoying my rugby at the moment. I’ve loved playing in recent weeks and I’m certain Franklin’s Gardens is the best place for me to develop even further.
“I’ve worked hard to get to this point and I’m learning all the time here from the coaches and a group of really gifted players around me.
You may also want to watch:
“Sam [Vesty] and Chris [Boyd] in particular have really helped me to move my game forwards; they’ve opened my mind up to what’s possible for me on the pitch, and I’m really confident this squad can achieve a lot over the next few years.”
Saints’ director of rugby Chris Boyd said: “He’s a very gifted footballer and works extremely hard to improve all aspects of his game.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 4 New cycle network consultation announced
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
“He was unlucky with injury at the start of this season, but after coming back he’s made a big impact and seeing how he has progressed in recent weeks is really pleasing for us.”