Debut league triumph for impressive Dunmow Atlantis
- Credit: Archant
Swimmers from Dunmow Atlantis were on top form as they competed for the first time in the National Arena Swimming League London Division Two and won.
The prestigious competition saw Dunmow swimming against Hertford, Potters Bar, Verulam, Aylesbury, Putteridge and host club, Braintree.
The Atlantis team, aged between nine and 24-years-old set the pool alight, proving their versatility across a variety of strokes and distances in a total of 50 races.
Dunmow took 40 top three spots, winning 15 outright.
An outstanding team performance ensured Dunmow took top spot overall on the night with 281 points, ahead of Aylesbury with 246 and Putteridge on 232.
You may also want to watch:
The Atlantis squad consisted of: Ellie Runnalls, Louis Spong, Rebecca Johnson, Amelia Barton, Millie Westcott, Lucy le Huquet, Aidan Clarkson, Louis Skingley, Harry Wheeler, Patrick Winnington, Rose Wilkinson, Sophie Taylor, Maddie Lees, Daisy Hughes, Ollie Rogers, Damon Elliot, Toby Rayner, Rebecca Watt, Emma Sarginson, Chloe Moloney, Josh Smith, Sammy Dack, John Boyle, Jamie McLaughlin, Jamie Spong, Meghan Maybanks, Katie Musgrove, Georgia Harrod, Abbie Hart, Matt McLaughlin, Kyle Panton and Dylan Nutt.
The 2016/17 competition sees nearly 400 teams competing in seven leagues around the country, with over 16,000 swimmers racing in more than 200 galas.
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
Round Two of the league is scheduled for next month, and Dunmow will be keen to capitalise on their debut success.
Visit www.dunmowatlantis.co.uk for details of the club.