David Gypps devastates with the bat and ball as Dunmow beat Chadwell Heath
DAVID Gypps turned in the performance of the season so far taking three wickets and scoring 24 runs as Dunmow eased past Chadwell Heath.
Having won the toss Dunmow had no hesitation in bowling first on a damp pitch, the decision immediately paid dividends as Gilbert picked up two quick wickets with the new ball.
Desai (28) then took the attack to the bowlers launching two huge sixes as he and Denyon (23) moved the score to 40-2. The introduction of Andy Sewell paid off as he removed Desai.
Gypps (3-8) and Sewell (3-39) then took complete control, the pair putting in stellar performances to skittle the opposition’s middle order. Chadwell Heath were eventually bowled out in the 31st over with the score on just 103, the leg spin of Strong proving too good for the tail.
With the wicket still offering plenty of assistance Dunmow lost in form opener Simon Iliffe (11) and with the score on just 13, a tricky chase looked on the cards. Ieuan Bush (17) and Graham Wickes (17) batted with poise to keep the score ticking over.
You may also want to watch:
Three quick wickets did little to stem Dunmow’s charge as Gypps (24no) bludgeoned the ball to the boundary with consummate ease. Lees (14no) offered excellent support and helped Dunmow win by six wickets.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit