David Gypps devastates with the bat and ball as Dunmow beat Chadwell Heath
DAVID Gypps turned in the performance of the season so far taking three wickets and scoring 24 runs as Dunmow eased past Chadwell Heath.
Having won the toss Dunmow had no hesitation in bowling first on a damp pitch, the decision immediately paid dividends as Gilbert picked up two quick wickets with the new ball.
Desai (28) then took the attack to the bowlers launching two huge sixes as he and Denyon (23) moved the score to 40-2. The introduction of Andy Sewell paid off as he removed Desai.
Gypps (3-8) and Sewell (3-39) then took complete control, the pair putting in stellar performances to skittle the opposition’s middle order. Chadwell Heath were eventually bowled out in the 31st over with the score on just 103, the leg spin of Strong proving too good for the tail.
With the wicket still offering plenty of assistance Dunmow lost in form opener Simon Iliffe (11) and with the score on just 13, a tricky chase looked on the cards. Ieuan Bush (17) and Graham Wickes (17) batted with poise to keep the score ticking over.
You may also want to watch:
Three quick wickets did little to stem Dunmow’s charge as Gypps (24no) bludgeoned the ball to the boundary with consummate ease. Lees (14no) offered excellent support and helped Dunmow win by six wickets.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 4 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 5 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 6 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 7 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Festival poised for Holst's 150th birthday celebrations in 2024
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches