Darts: The Black Bull mix things up
ONE astonishing result last week turned Margaretting Black Bull from Ridley League supporting act into potential South Section champions.
Divisional top dogs Little Waltham SC, obliterated 13-2 on their own patch, saw their nine-point lead dissolve into a two-point deficit as the Bull decisively avenged November’s home defeat.
With the first four singles shared, the customary dogfight loomed, but Les Atkins’ straight-legs win against John Salmon opened the taps.
Waltham didn’t win another leg of darts – and a whitewash of their formidable dominoes line-up should guarantee an electric atmosphere next week, in the clubs’ third clash of the season.
North Section leaders Felsted Chequers had a few awkward moments before beating the Black Lion 9-6.
You may also want to watch:
The Lion took the first two singles and the opening dominoes, but the visitors had enough in reserve – though they lost their unbeaten dominoes league record.
The eye-catching result came at Dunmow, where Flitch Snooker took a 12-3 hiding from Chelmsford City FC. The Flitch, short of a full team, made their troubles worse by an almost total inability to hit a finish.
- 1 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 2 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 6 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 7 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 8 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 9 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 10 Rain thwarts Aythorpe Roding's title charge but High Roding at the double again
City’s own darts form was patchy, but sharp out-shots from Allan Sheldrake (126), Des Vickers (106) and Rose Mallord (110) punished the home team’s failings, and the visitors’ dommies revival continued with a fourth win in five matches.
CALLING all Braintree and Dunmow pubs – if you fancy trying out the league, ring fixtures secretary John Steele 01277-366566 and ask for a friendly.