Darts: Chelmsford City A reach Ridley League summit
Chelmsford City A, also-rans four months ago, hit the top of the Ridley League this week in a revival of which football club manager Mark Hawkes would be proud.
A crushing revenge win at leaders Little Waltham SC completed a remarkable surge in form by Barry Devenish’s team. Sixth at the end of October, a haul of 86 points out of 120 has transformed their season. They’re just two points ahead of Waltham, with champions King’s Arms in close attendance, but have played them both twice (three wins, one defeat) and must fancy their chances of lifting the Combined Trophy.
Mark Chapman was a dual winner for Waltham, who now have Chequers A breathing down their neck. The Felsted team put Black Bull to the sword, the visitors’ narrow darts win (180 for Peter Wiffen) small compensation for a dominoes whitewash.
King’s Arms also took a beating at the table as their darts superiority was nullified at Mill Green. Robbie Turner chalked up a 180 among his three wins, but the champions couldn’t manage the single dommies success that would have swung the result.
The week’s most dramatic scoreline was reported from the City B-Bird in Hand clash. the Bird’s perennial strugglers reportedly celebrating their first league win; that’s officially unconfirmed, however, pending arrival of the result sheet.
You may also want to watch:
City’s third string lost again, Chequers B lifting themselves into mid-table respectability with the aid of a dominoes maximum; but City skipper Bob Beattie will take heart from his side’s 5-4 darts win.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit