Damp squib of a weekend for High Roding
- Credit: Archant
It was very much a bit of a damp squib for High Roding on Saturday in more ways than one.
The 1sts were facing TC Rippon Mid Essex League Premier Division bottom club Burnham Sports at The Meadow, and racked up 279-7 after batting first.
This was mainly due to a maiden century for Ben Gallop, and other runs being scored by Orban Holdgate (38) and Matt Hammond, also 38.
Just when it looked like Roding would have enough runs on the board for victory the rain came down.
The umpires decided to suspend play and as a result Roding had to settle for a draw.
You may also want to watch:
It was however a very positive game for Roding and the extra bonus points moved them one place up the league.
The 2nd team also suffered, but for a different reason going down to 10 wicket defeat to Thaxted.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
Roding batted first and could only reach 94 all out, with Richard Pilcher scoring 41.
Thaxted did not lose any wickets to easily pass the Roding total for a comprehensive victory.
The 1st team are away to Little Baddow on Saturday.
The 2nd team have a home fixture against Stansted which will take place at Cloghams because of High Rodings Fete being held at regular ground The Meadow.