Cup semi-final place for Aythorpe Roding
- Credit: Getty Images/BananaStock RF
Aythorpe Roding moved into the Davies Cup semi-final with a 25 run victory over Rickling Green on Tuesday.
Roding, batting first, got off to an excellent start with Mark Rosewell hitting 68 as they reached 146-6 in their 20 overs.
Rickling Green started their innings strongly keeping up with the required run rate.
However, an excellent spell of bowling by AJ Ford saw him pick up 3-23 in five overs.
Tom Wharton claimed 2-30, Graham Milbank 1-21 and Neil Culleton 1-4 as Green ended on 121-8 in 20 overs as Roding won by 25 runs.
They will meet Matching Green or Farnham in the semi-final.
- 1 Festive season begins at Great Dunmow's Christmas Market
- 2 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 3 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 4 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 5 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 6 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 7 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 8 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 9 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 10 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?