Cup semi-final place for Aythorpe Roding
- Credit: Getty Images/BananaStock RF
Aythorpe Roding moved into the Davies Cup semi-final with a 25 run victory over Rickling Green on Tuesday.
Roding, batting first, got off to an excellent start with Mark Rosewell hitting 68 as they reached 146-6 in their 20 overs.
Rickling Green started their innings strongly keeping up with the required run rate.
However, an excellent spell of bowling by AJ Ford saw him pick up 3-23 in five overs.
Tom Wharton claimed 2-30, Graham Milbank 1-21 and Neil Culleton 1-4 as Green ended on 121-8 in 20 overs as Roding won by 25 runs.
You may also want to watch:
They will meet Matching Green or Farnham in the semi-final.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 7 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash