Cross country: Strong finish for Dunmow runners in final Mid-Essex League event
- Credit: Archant
THE final race of the Mid-Essex Cross Country League was hosted by Leigh-on-Sea Striders at Hadleigh Country Park on Sunday.
Overnight rain made the hilly course particularly slippery for the 115 runners from seven local clubs.
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR) was represented by 14 runners, with the first four women and seven men scoring team points.
In the women’s race, Jane Smith in fourth position was fastest, followed by Hayley Smith, Jo Kings, Natalie Herbert, Kath Birks, Angela Thorpe and Sue Harrington.
Dan Reynolds led home GFDR’s men, ahead of Geoff Maidment, Jason Wintin, Stuart Warwick, Ashwin Shah, Lee Prowse and Gavin Foster.
You may also want to watch:
After seven races, GFDR’s ladies finished second in the league, behind Leigh-on-Sea Striders. Springfield Striders was third, Braintree and District Athletic Club 4th, Little Baddow Ridge Runners 5th, Mid-Essex Casuals 6th and Pitsea Running Club 7th.
GFDR’s men finished joint third with Mid-Essex Casuals. Springfield Striders was first, with Leigh-on-Sea 2nd, Braintree 5th, Little Baddow 6th and Pitsea 7th.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 7 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear