Cross country: Strong finish for Dunmow runners in final Mid-Essex League event
- Credit: Archant
THE final race of the Mid-Essex Cross Country League was hosted by Leigh-on-Sea Striders at Hadleigh Country Park on Sunday.
Overnight rain made the hilly course particularly slippery for the 115 runners from seven local clubs.
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR) was represented by 14 runners, with the first four women and seven men scoring team points.
In the women’s race, Jane Smith in fourth position was fastest, followed by Hayley Smith, Jo Kings, Natalie Herbert, Kath Birks, Angela Thorpe and Sue Harrington.
Dan Reynolds led home GFDR’s men, ahead of Geoff Maidment, Jason Wintin, Stuart Warwick, Ashwin Shah, Lee Prowse and Gavin Foster.
You may also want to watch:
After seven races, GFDR’s ladies finished second in the league, behind Leigh-on-Sea Striders. Springfield Striders was third, Braintree and District Athletic Club 4th, Little Baddow Ridge Runners 5th, Mid-Essex Casuals 6th and Pitsea Running Club 7th.
GFDR’s men finished joint third with Mid-Essex Casuals. Springfield Striders was first, with Leigh-on-Sea 2nd, Braintree 5th, Little Baddow 6th and Pitsea 7th.
- 1 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 2 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan