Cross country: Honours equal for Grange Farm men and women
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners’ (GFDR) men’s and women’s teams both finished in fourth position in the Mid-Essex Cross Country League after the final event of the season.
The race, at Little Baddow, attracted 145 runners representing six clubs, including 12 men and 12 women from GFDR.
After an uphill start into Pheasanthouse Wood, the route took runners up and down steep, muddy slopes through the wood, along paths around fields and alongside The Warren golf course, before returning to the wood.
Steve Read led home GFDR’s men, with Paul McKenna, Dan Reynolds, Jason Wintin, James Trafford, Ashwin Shah and James Hawkes also scoring points for the team.
Although they finished in third position behind Leigh-on-Sea Striders and Springfield Striders, they remained in fourth position in the league, missing out by one point to Little Baddow Ridge Runners. The men’s competition was won jointly by Leigh-on-Sea and Springfield.
You may also want to watch:
Jane Smith, Claudine Davie, Pru Hayhow and Natalie Herbert were the point scorers for GFDR’s women. They finished fourth behind Leigh-on-Sea, Springfield and Braintree and District Athletic Club, leaving them in fourth position in the league.
Top position was taken by Leigh-on-Sea with Braintree and Springfield sharing second place.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing