Cross country: Grange Farm ladies take to the Hills
PITSEA Running Club hosted the fourth race of the Mid-Essex Cross Country league at Langdon Hills on Sunday.
The race started in misty conditions with a steep climb up a muddy trail into the woods. Runners then followed tracks through the woods, leading to a fast, downhill finish.
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR) fielded a strong ladies team, finishing second behind Leigh-on-Sea Striders and ahead of Pitsea Running Club.
Jo Bisset-Smith was the fastest of the GFDR’s women, finishing in 4th position, with Pru Hayhow 5th, Hayley Smith 8th and Jo Kings 12th also scoring points for the team. They were followed by Jackie Adams, Kath Birks and Sue Harrington.
GFDR’s men’s team finished fifth, behind Leigh-on-Sea Striders, Springfield Striders, Pitsea Running Club and Mid-Essex Casuals.
Dan Reynolds in 16th position led home the men. Team points were also scored by David Andrews, David Spencer, Ashwin Shah, Stuart Warwick, James Hawkes and James Huertas. They were followed by John Smith, Chris Hayhow, Nick Perry, Lee Prowse, Gavin Foster and Richard Percy.
After four races, GFDR’s women are second in the league and the men third.
- 1 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
- 4 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 5 Dunmow TKD enjoy medal-laden trip to British Championships
- 6 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 7 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
- 8 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 9 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
The next race in the series will be held at Braintree on January 27.