Cross country: Grange Farm ladies take to the Hills
PITSEA Running Club hosted the fourth race of the Mid-Essex Cross Country league at Langdon Hills on Sunday.
The race started in misty conditions with a steep climb up a muddy trail into the woods. Runners then followed tracks through the woods, leading to a fast, downhill finish.
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR) fielded a strong ladies team, finishing second behind Leigh-on-Sea Striders and ahead of Pitsea Running Club.
Jo Bisset-Smith was the fastest of the GFDR’s women, finishing in 4th position, with Pru Hayhow 5th, Hayley Smith 8th and Jo Kings 12th also scoring points for the team. They were followed by Jackie Adams, Kath Birks and Sue Harrington.
GFDR’s men’s team finished fifth, behind Leigh-on-Sea Striders, Springfield Striders, Pitsea Running Club and Mid-Essex Casuals.
Dan Reynolds in 16th position led home the men. Team points were also scored by David Andrews, David Spencer, Ashwin Shah, Stuart Warwick, James Hawkes and James Huertas. They were followed by John Smith, Chris Hayhow, Nick Perry, Lee Prowse, Gavin Foster and Richard Percy.
After four races, GFDR’s women are second in the league and the men third.
- 1 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 2 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 3 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 4 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 5 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 6 Aythorpe Roding come up short in league opener
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 9 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 10 Jailed: 'Selfish' 135mph driver spotted speeding on M11 near Woodford
The next race in the series will be held at Braintree on January 27.