Cross country: Grange Farm ladies take to the Hills
PITSEA Running Club hosted the fourth race of the Mid-Essex Cross Country league at Langdon Hills on Sunday.
The race started in misty conditions with a steep climb up a muddy trail into the woods. Runners then followed tracks through the woods, leading to a fast, downhill finish.
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR) fielded a strong ladies team, finishing second behind Leigh-on-Sea Striders and ahead of Pitsea Running Club.
Jo Bisset-Smith was the fastest of the GFDR’s women, finishing in 4th position, with Pru Hayhow 5th, Hayley Smith 8th and Jo Kings 12th also scoring points for the team. They were followed by Jackie Adams, Kath Birks and Sue Harrington.
GFDR’s men’s team finished fifth, behind Leigh-on-Sea Striders, Springfield Striders, Pitsea Running Club and Mid-Essex Casuals.
You may also want to watch:
Dan Reynolds in 16th position led home the men. Team points were also scored by David Andrews, David Spencer, Ashwin Shah, Stuart Warwick, James Hawkes and James Huertas. They were followed by John Smith, Chris Hayhow, Nick Perry, Lee Prowse, Gavin Foster and Richard Percy.
After four races, GFDR’s women are second in the league and the men third.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
The next race in the series will be held at Braintree on January 27.